The Historic Brownsville Museum is located in the old Southern
Pacific Depot building constructed 1928. A magnificent example
of Spanish colonial revival architecture, the building is
a Texas Historical Marker and listed on the National Register
of Historic Places.
The Historic Brownsville Museum opened in 1986 and houses
a variety of exhibits that interpret events from Brownsville's
past. Exhibits include data from the earliest military fort
in our area to the arrival of French teaching nuns to displays
of agricultural and ranching tools & much more.